PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION POLICY FOR CUSTOMERS / PROSPECTIVE CUSTOMERS
We value the personal data of our customers and prospective customers. This Personal Data Protection Policy is issued to all our customers and prospective customers, pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“PDPA“) coming into force.
- Collection and SourceIn the course of your dealings with us, Dynamic Fire Defence (collectively, referred to as “us” or “we” in this Personal Data Protection Policy), we will request that you provide your personal data (“Personal Data“), to enable us to enter into transactions with you or to communicate with you on the services and/or products related to our business. These may be done through various means, including but not limited to:
- agreements for sale and purchase for our services;
- our forms whether in electronic or hardcopy format;
- any correspondence that we have received from you requesting for information or making any inquiries; and/or
- business cards or other information provided to us or that were dropped at our premises or given to our employees or sales and marketing or other agents.
- Types of Personal DataSuch Personal Data may include, but is not limited to information concerning your name, age, identity card number, passport number, address, email address, gender, date of birth, marital status, occupation, income range, contact information such as telephone, mobile and facsimile number, race, nationality, applied for in relation to the purchase of good, and information of third parties such as your emergency contact person, authorised representatives, contractors, lawyers, and financiers, which may be subject to applicable data protection and other similar laws.
- Purposes of ProcessingWe process your Personal Data for, amongst others, the following purposes (collectively, “Purpose”):
- the delivery to you of notices, information in connection with our current and future services or products and the marketing of such services or products as well as new product launches, events, promotional events and contests;
- preparing and executing all necessary documents and agreements with you such as in relation to the sale and purchase transactions, and to carry out the obligations under the agreement, for our products, services, necessary for purposes of conducting and administering our business including but not limited to sales administration purposes as well as sale transactions, refinancing and sales by auction;
- collection of outstanding payments;
- those purposes provided for in any particular service or product offered by us or our business partners;
- to administer and carry out our customer and prospective customer relationship management procedures;
- maintaining our records of our customers and prospective customers and our internal record keeping;
- conducting marketing, client profiling and business development activities as well as market research and statistical analysis and customer surveys regarding our projects, products and/or services;
- complying with any legal or regulatory requirements and to make the necessary disclosures under the requirements of any applicable law, regulation, direction, court order, by-law, guideline, circular and/or code which are applicable to us and for the prevention of crime;
- DisclosuresGenerally, we will keep the Personal Data provided to us as confidential. Nevertheless, you consent to the following disclosures of the Personal Data by us to these classes of third parties which may be located within or outside Malaysia for reasons relating to the Purpose:
- any parties to whom we are under a legal requirement to disclose the Personal Data to by applicable law or in response to an authoritative body, including government agencies, statutory authorities, local councils and/or industry regulators including but not limited to the Employees Provident Fund Board the Inland Revenue Board, as well as to any other third party pursuant to any court order;
- public amenities and utilities providers, including but not limited to Indah Water Konsortium, Syarikat Bekalan Air Selangor Sdn Bhd and Tenaga Nasional Berhad;
- contractors and service providers, including but not limited to auditors, consultants, accountants, lawyers, financial and professional advisers, insurance companies and property management companies;
- our joint venture and business partners; and/or
- Protection of Personal DataYour Personal Data is important to us. We are committed to keeping and processing the Personal Data in a secure matter. We will implement appropriate administrative and security safeguards, procedures and policies to the extent practicable and in accordance with applicable laws, to prevent any unauthorized and unlawful processing of the Personal Data and the accidental loss, destruction or damage to the Personal Data at all times.
- Consequences of Refusal or Failure to SupplyThe refusal or failure to provide the Personal Data may result in the following:
- the inability of parties to formalize and/or carry out the relevant agreement or transaction in relation to the sale of our property, products and/or services;
- the inability for us provide you with the information, products and/or services requested; and/or
- the inability to provide you information about our products and/or services and obtaining your feedback on our products and/or services.
- Access and CorrectionYou have the right to:
- check whether we hold or use the Personal Data and request access to the same;
- request that we correct any of the Personal Data that is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date;
- communicate to us your objection to the use of the Personal Data for marketing purposes;
- withdraw, in full or in part, your consent, subject to any applicable legal restrictions, contractual conditions and reasonable time period.
You may request for access to or correction of the Personal Data or limit the processing thereof at any time hereafter by submitting a written request addressed to our Personal Data Protection Officers as follows:
Any inquiries or complaints with respect to your Personal Data should also be channeled to us in this manner.
Tel No.: +603-8082 3339
Fax No.: +603-8082 3329
Email: [email protected]
Third party consentIn the event you have provided personal data of third parties (e.g. your emergency contact person, tenant, authorised representatives, contractors, lawyers, financiers) to us, we rely on you to have sufficiently obtained the prior consent of such third parties to allow us to process their personal data in relation to the Purpose.
- Changes to our Personal Data Protection PolicyWe may, from time to time, need or be required to change our Personal Data Protection Policy to comply with or be consistent with changes in applicable law and regulations as well as our business operations or policies. As such, you may wish to review any changes to our Personal Data Protection Policy at this website from time to time.